Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Freedom from Want

Nothing says Thanksgiving like this painting by Norman Rockwell, "Freedom from Want". I can't speak for everyone but I think most folks would like to be able to have a Thanksgiving here in America like the one portrayed here...lots of food, smiling faces and multi-generational.

Of course it is completely idealistic and unrealistic to think that this represents us as a nation, we are, after all, not all caucasian and certainly there are more of us than ever not able to afford this lavish a table.

So, I will give thanks for what I do have and be grateful for the family that I love, the friends who have stood by me and those that are new that I am just beginning to nourish. I am still amazed at the bounty of food that we have to choose from and how people can always find something to give no matter what abundance they do or do not come from.

I have only to look into the eyes of a person passing by to know that each and everyone of us has the capacity to choose love over hate.

I leave you with this..."When the power of love overcomes the love of power, there WILL be world peace". Happy Thanksgiving to all. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 6:05 AM, Blogger Deborah said...

Thank you Nickie for such a lovely post.

I hope you had a wonderful day, filled with laughter and warmed hearts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home